Why do you need an eye examination?
A considerable amount of sight can be irretrievably lost before you are aware of a problem. By proactively going to an optometrist you can avoid serious problems later on in life. The eye examination is the most important part of your visit to us. We book 45 minute eye test appointments for all adult examinations. When you visit us you can be reassured that our optometrist will conduct a through professional and unhurried examination. The eye examination is a vital health check and should be part of everyone’s normal health regime.
Here are 10 important reasons to have a regular examination:
- You only have one pair of eyes.
- Once lost, your eyesight may never be replaced.
- Unlike your teeth, your eyes do not usually hurt when there is something wrong.
- The eye examination can pick up early signs of potentially blinding eye conditions, such as glaucoma and can also detect a number of other underlying health problems.
- The earlier a problem is detected the greater the chance of successful treatment. This is particularly true for young children and the elderly.
- An examination checks whether your eyesight needs correcting with spectacles and determines the best form of correction for your vision.
- Good vision means working and playing better and safer; in actual fact it means a better quality of life.
- For young people, good eyesight is vital for learning. An eye examination will detect any problems in sight which may be affecting school performance.
- Failing eyesight is often taken for granted as people get older. However, by having an eye examination and remedying problems in eyesight, older people can improve their quality of life significantly.
- Poor eyesight is dangerous, both at home and at the workplace. Make sure that you meet the legal requirement for driving.